- More than 30 years of experience as an penyunting of daytime soap opera magazines
- Launched the blog TheHollywoodKnow with former ET online content producer Paulette Cohn
- Served as contributing editor on the tween publication Pixie
- Served as a featured penyunting on Reality Check magazine, features penyunting for Daytime TV magazine, and pengedit of Soap Opera Stars
Janet Di Lauro is a former writer for ThoughtCo who contributed articles on the soap opera “Days of Our Lives” for about five years. She has built a career in daytime television coverage that has spanned 30 years and which includes a stint as the West Coast editor of Soap Opera Weekly magazine from the publication’s debut in 1989 through 2010. In addition, she was the features editor of Daytime TV magazine and pengedit of Soap Opera Stars magazine during her publishing years working in New York. Over that time, she has interviewed daytime’s biggest stars, from Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso (Bo and Hope on “Days of Our Lives”) to Susan Lucci (Erica Kane on “All My Children”) to Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer on “General Hospital”) to Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor on “The Young and the Restless”). In addition to her daytime work, Di Lauro served as a contributing editor on the tween publication Pixie and was a feature editor on Reality Check magazine in 2003. She also launched the blog The Hollywood Know with former ET online content producer, Paulette Cohn.
Janet Di Lauro studied communications and journalism at Seton Hall University.
- “Back in Action: Greg Rikaart on His Days Comeback,” for Soap Opera Digest (2018)
- “Bachelor Nation Weekly News Wrap: Confessions and Promises!” for Soap Hub (2018)
- “Soap Hub Weekly News Wrap: Scandals, Celebrations, And Reunions,” for Soap Hub (2018)
- “’I Just Assume at Some Point During the Run I’ll Have to Take My Shirt Off,'” for Soap Opera Digest (2018)
LiveAbout and Dotdash Meredith
LiveAbout, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a reference site focused on entertainment, activities, and hobbies. Learn more about us and our editorial guidelines.